If you have a sweet tooth or your family loves to have something sweet after dinner, you can always have the vanilla milk fudge at home. It’s easy to make and you can store it for a long time in the refrigerator.
Agrigold Amrutam (pasteurized whole milk) – 300 ml
Sugar – 3 ½ cups
Butter – 100 g
Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan, pour the milk and bring it to a boil
- Now add butter and sugar to the milk. Keep stirring
- Cover and boil milk for about 2 min.
- Uncover. Boil and keep stirring. After 10-15 min. take a little of the mixture and drop in a small bowl of cold water, and form a soft ball rolling it between your thumb and fingers. If you can do this, the mix is ready
- Remove from heat. Put in the vanilla essence. Mix well and leave it to cool for about 5 min.
- Now beat the fudge till it starts losing its shine and becomes thick
- Transfer the fudge to a square container. When cool and firm, cut into squares with a sharp knife
Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.